All 283 art Reviews

Hot Sweet and Blond 1 Hot Sweet and Blond 1

Thank you for using paint. I appreciate all the effort you put into this. I mean, paint is kind of known for being effortless, but inversely, it takes effort to make anything decent. I'd expect nothing less. Did you ever have a connection with a coffee house like this, or is this just some long-running joke?

Carrion responds:

Why thanks you sir! I spent most of my teen years hanging out in coffee shops drawing and stuff. This came from a comic idea I had that was never fully realized.

ONFUX ONFUX

Amazing use of mixed media... So creative.... Also, the freckles are amazing. I'm glad you have a thing for them as well. Cool beans. Oh, man, that is so TIGHT!!! AUGH. I need to start doing art again... :C

Eyes on me. Eyes on me.

Very beautiful. I love how well you interpreted the female body. I'm not very good with either gender, but girls seem to have a knack for drawing other girls... Love the accent of the eyes, too. Classy.

Give me Death. Give me Death.

So cool. :)

CHRLCOMICS:Pilot2 CHRLCOMICS:Pilot2

Bahaha! Pretty funny. :D

lovelylittlepandas lovelylittlepandas

FUCKING AMAZING!!!! I really like the patterns in the background and the subtle inclusion of color. The color scheme is very simple--just red and blue--but the effect to that end is actually really cool. And the fact that the guy's wearing glasses, a bandana, and has dreadlocks just makes me think he's REALLY high... which isn't helped by the fact that he's drooling.

I like how inconsistent the linework is, too; I normally do that to a lot of my work (i.e. varying thickness and such). It's really something I use to emulate depth or even just make my pieces look cooler, and I think you used the technique very well. The only suggestion I have to give--because your style is actually really good--is perhaps make the lines a bit more defined around the guy as you did the pandas. There is a level of inconsistency that isn't constructive, and I'd say that would be the difference between the thick-lined pandas and the thin lines around the guy's face. Just emphasize on the guy a little; maybe darken some major areas like the outline of his jaw, his bandana, his shirt, hair, glasses, etc. Fine lines are good, but there should also be a bit of a contrast to make it looks consistent with the pandas.

Also, try to make the "panda!" in his mouth white and his mouth black, or even red. That might work out better. You also seemed to add some shading a bit to the face--expand on that.

I don't know about the little alterations; really, they're not even necessary because this is still fucking amazing. I just think they would add a little bit more.

Bunt's Pork Chips Bunt's Pork Chips

Wow. It seems you're having some trouble with those chips... I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to convey, but it seems to be a message of pain or anguish--maybe even simultaneous joy? I really like your colors and detail; your style is very definite as well.

Splodo Splodo

This is so brilliant... I love the simplicity and the stippling effects. The way the lines radiate in the splotch behind the stelleroid thing is pretty trippy; I'm kind of jealous that you managed to make them so circular. I mean, I know that's difficult. I also really like how the mouth is: kind of ripped open and jagged-looking. The stippling on the head provides a nice gradient, too. I really like this a lot.

Rutger responds:

Thanks a lot man! :)
I'm currently searching between the perfect balance of clean & detailed and doing my best to draw as precisely possible in one go, without any sketching, so I'm really glad with your review!

The Trees The Trees

MONKEYS

Hoboweasel responds:

Yeah, apparently I can review my own art. Strange. I just wanted to see what would happen. I'm hoping this gets fixed soon. PM me if this has happened to you...

The Snake Princess The Snake Princess

This is a great watercolor piece. I've tried working to make a skin color tone, but watercolors are sort of difficult in that regard. The character design is great! I can't wait to see what this turns out to be. I didn't know this was an interactive story. Oh, and a suggestion when using watercolors to emulate blood splatters: put the brush close to the paper and flick the brush with your finger (it makes these really cool linear splotches if you do it right).